THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Medicinal Methamphetamine in NZ

I heard you can get prescribed Desoxyn in NZ for ADHD, which is apparently just methamphetmine. Is this true? Does anybody have any knowledge on this ie. if you could somehow convince your doc that your ADHD is really bad could you in theory get over-the-counter meth? I have no interest in taking meth myself im just wondering.
    Good buds stick together

Popper is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

i know it's available in the states, never heard of it here. apparently it's so 'clean' many people prefer street meth. same deal with pharm grade diamorphine (heroin) - just too clean because it doesn't contain the unreacted and partially reacted (monoacetyl)morphine. pretty crazy eh?
    "NO, YOU CAN'T F#@KING SNORT IT!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Popper For This Useful Post:

buckeez (01-11-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buckeez View Post
    I heard you can get prescribed Desoxyn in NZ for ADHD, which is apparently just methamphetmine. Is this true? Does anybody have any knowledge on this ie. if you could somehow convince your doc that your ADHD is really bad could you in theory get over-the-counter meth? I have no interest in taking meth myself im just wondering.
    Here's a link to Med-safe consumer medicine information web-site, it should list all drugs approved in New Zealand:

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/CMIIndex.htm
    "Our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us "... Dr Alexander Shulgin June 17th, 1925-June 2nd, 2014.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daz69 For This Useful Post:

chchtrippin (02-11-2012), Frenzal (03-11-2012)

Thanks

Yea desoxyn is meth. Really doubt it would ever be given out in NZ. Its even hard to get in the U.S and they hand out oxys like cough lollies.
    'If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SubConcious For This Useful Post:

Frenzal (03-11-2012)

Thanks

Desoxyn is not available in NZ, the closest thing would be Dexamphetamine sulfate. To my knowledge, they are no class A prescription substances in NZ, even potent opiods like Oxycodone are Class B

There is a very interesting thread on ADD forums from someone actually prescribed Desoxyn, hell they have a whole section on desoxyn, although it's not letting me post a url, so google is your friend

It really isn't all what it's amped up to be, no pun intended

Meth is portrayed as being extremely edgy, paranoia and aggression inducing by the media, and while this holds true for the comedowns from massive binges lasting many days and consuming many hundreds of milligrams, when you're dealing with small 15mg oral doses, due to the reduced noradregenric activity, it's actually quite mellow compared to dexamphetamine (which is mellow to begin with as far as stims go).

I don't know first hand as I haven't tried meth, but I would imagine the difference in "smoothness" would be analogous to the difference between methylphenidate and dexamphetamine although less marked

Ironically desoxyn is used as an option for people who need increases in concentration and attention, with minimal tweak

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C14H19NO2 For This Useful Post:

Daz69 (01-11-2012), Frenzal (03-11-2012), Oddone (30-11-2012)

Thanks

I have tried desoxyn overseas and I have tried dextroamphetamine. Desoxyn is nothing like dextroampehtamine. I cant see how anyone could compare the two.

Desoxyn is just meth, has all the nasty side effects of meth and is nasty stuff. I have only ever had meth overseas so cant compare it to NZ meth but it was very similar to the clandestine meth I have tried in Canada.

I cant stand meth, I seriously cannot see what the big deal is. It is a sketchy drug that turns people into sketchy fuckers that sleep all day and stay up all night. People on meth think they are doing heaps of work but they are just walking around in circles.

If you havent tried meth, dont bother

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trance For This Useful Post:

C14H19NO2 (02-11-2012), chchtrippin (02-11-2012), Daz69 (02-11-2012), Dimethyltryptaminer (02-11-2012), Neo (02-11-2012)

Thanks

"It is a sketchy drug that turns people into sketchy fuckers that sleep all day and stay up all night"

That is very true, and applies to Dopamergic Stims in general, they all produce the same pattern of behavior; restlessness, stereotypy, obsessions, paranoia etc when overused

I have no desire to try meth, it's expensive, stigamitsed, crudely made and unnecessary.

I've just always been curious about it, since by its pharmcodynamic profile it doesn't seem worse than regular amphetamine, the added serotonergic bonus would attenuate antisociality and paranoia one would think, and its not like it's considerably more potent (based on data)

In terms of what would be the most destructive stimulants, I've always thought long acting DRIs like MDPV would be the worst, they give you a sweet taste of dopamergic Ecstasy, followed by a long lasting bitter aftertaste of paranoia, psychosis, but because of dopamines role in incentive salience, people keep chasing the dragon and continuously redosing , thinking it will make the comedown go away. I guess the recent cases of MDPV have highlighted this, and the quintessential example is crack cocaine.

Perhaps all the trouble with meth is caused by the fact it has hedonistic value which draws people in, "if something feels nice surely it can't be bad?"

Amphetamine is a biphasic drug in my opinion, 10-15mg of Dex/Meth will make you calmer, and focused on your work, it will wake you up and be a good pick me up. 20+ mg will make you pace around, waste time counting paperclips instead of studying, and go on long adjective filled rants on politics. Dexamphetamine would be such a wonderful medicine, if it weren't for people's lack of self control.
    Last edited by C14H19NO2; 02-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C14H19NO2 For This Useful Post:

Daz69 (02-11-2012), Dizmal (02-11-2012), Frenzal (03-11-2012), Neo (03-11-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C14H19NO2 View Post
    Dexamphetamine would be such a wonderful medicine, if it weren't for people's lack of self control.
    I think that can be said for most drugs, (or most peoples lack of control with drugs) which is why we are in a situation of prohibition and deliberately false misinformation....
    The responsible minority are punished because of the irresponsible majority...
    "Our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us "... Dr Alexander Shulgin June 17th, 1925-June 2nd, 2014.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daz69 For This Useful Post:

mish.mu (02-11-2012), PewPew (14-02-2013)

Thanks

The responsible minority are punished for the stupidity of others is the case with all drugs.

What I'm meaning with Amphetamine, is that if you have unrestricted access to a month's script of it, it requires a lot effort and self control to exercise restraint. Amphetamine is more difficult to use responsibly to many other drugs. You find yourself making excuses and trying to justify taking more, when really you know that you shouldn't.

If you give your average pot user ad libitum access to an infinite supply of some high quality bud, they certainly will enjoy themselves and use it very frequently, but with the exception of the few, despite being silly at first from the novelty, it won't be compulsive, and they will be able to control their dosage and not be constantly taking it every waking moment of the day.

With Amphetamine, because of its direct effect on reward pathways, people keep coming back for more as an instinct, not choice.

Personal responsibility still stands though, the craving may not be by choice, but you still have the choice to say no.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C14H19NO2 For This Useful Post:

buckeez (02-11-2012), Daz69 (03-11-2012), Dimethyltryptaminer (02-11-2012), Frenzal (03-11-2012), Neo (03-11-2012)

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    New Zealand has fuck-all prescription drugs because of PHARMAC or whoever it is who decides what is allowed in the country aka the highest bidder.
    I would not recommend volunterring any mental condition onto your health records, however it's good to hear people fugure out new ways to score drugs (seriously).