THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: storing shroomz

Thanks

as far as I know, increasing the surface area by cutting them up could increase the rate of oxidation and degradation of psilocybin into psilocin which is not as stable...? or it directly degrades the psilocin, into nothing..? one or the other!

you could leave them in the shoebox with "Damp-Rid" wrapped up in a moisture-permeable-something, not in contact with the shrooms... or a sachet of silica gel (which may have even come in your shoe box if you bought them!)
    silica gel has an absorbent surface area of 800m2 per gram!! ..or something fucking ridiculous like that

the benefit of using a dessicant means they can be kept in an airtight container (less oxidation) with no risk of colonising microbes or rotting! :-)

...I think this was covered in the previous 4 pages (& 3 years) of thread somewhere, oh well, I welcome the opportunity to have my understanding critiqued!
    Last edited by chfanz; 27-06-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    ~ "Psychedelic drugs have proven to cause psychotic and anti-social behaviour in those that do not take them" ~

c0ke is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

This year I taped a mesh sieve onto my dehumidifier, ran dry air through the mushies for two days until brittle dry, then put them in an air tight container with some paper towels, so far no mould, see how it goes.
    If you don't see it coming, you deserve it.
    Harm Reduction Buckie | Magic Mushrooms Guide

c0ke is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

This is what im doing:The dehumidifier is blowing dry air out the back into the shrooms.
    If you don't see it coming, you deserve it.
    Harm Reduction Buckie | Magic Mushrooms Guide

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c0ke For This Useful Post:

Blazedarkness (22-05-2013), Dizmal (23-05-2013)

Thanks

Did this method work for you? Im going to give it a go I think...

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Easiest way for me is to lay the shrooms onto a baking tray and put them on a middle rack in your oven and turn on the fan setting without heat on and leave in over night usualy takes a day and its done. A mesh will make it dry even faster and orevent sticking but if your over doesnt have a fan then try a different method.if you want you could turn the heat on low and keep the door about 15% open andnit drys even faster but be careful bcoz the heat can build up if your not watching it and it could potentialy destroy them