THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: storing shroomz

Captain is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic ruler View Post
    Making icecubes or drying and then freezing im not sure about..prob would work but maywell loose potency..?
    I think the potency thing is more to do with the air... if you are leaving them in your freezer for months and they are just sitting there they might lose potency through oxidation; if you put them in a ziplock bag with as little as possible air I think it would be fine.

Its the water freezing that destroys cell-walls, if they were dried it would stop this> think if you re-thawed them some of the active might be carried away in the water escaping from them? thats my thoughts on the freezing issue anywho
    Politics is the art of controlling your environment - HST

Popper is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

anyone heard of using dry ice to suck out the oxygen? someone told me about this today. it's specifically the process of oxidation that causes the loss of potency, i'm gonna look this up...
    "NO, YOU CAN'T F#@KING SNORT IT!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BobFredsoap View Post
    "swim finds drying them, crushing, then stuffing into capsules works pretty well. and funnily enough, by the time they're totally dry the amount you can stuff tightly into a cap (one of the big ones stuffed as tightly as possible) is a perfect dose. "

this is swims method also, wrapped in a handy towel in hot water cuboard. then swim uses a old cofffe grinder to make powder then into the caps, great to go out on the town with a bag full of caps, wicked form of currency at times!! and very convenient
    2 is an average dose swim finds 4, 5 ,or 6 and its really game on!! now just have to wait till next door bark garden produces the goods it sems they dont pop till bout early june each year
    what do you use to make the caps? what is a cap?

Popper is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

^^ a gelatine (or vege substitute) capsule, you can buy them at health shops. If you buy the biggest (oo's) you can use a standard size pencil to stuff them.
    "NO, YOU CAN'T F#@KING SNORT IT!"

Thanks

Heyas,

Sorry for dragging up a really old thread, but I did a search first and thought it was appropriate Please move this post if I've done it wrong!

I have a question as to the storage of shrooms... if dried and then the dried shrooms were say, put into a bottle of port that has been sealed... how long do you think that would be good for before it just became a rancid bottle of ordinary old port?

Thanks!

Captain is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

from someone who only drinks cheap as chips white wine, how long does it take for port to become rancid old port usually?
    Politics is the art of controlling your environment - HST

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oli dogg View Post
    what do you use to make the caps? what is a cap?
    gelatin or vegetable capsule.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dinkles View Post
    Heyas,

Sorry for dragging up a really old thread, but I did a search first and thought it was appropriate Please move this post if I've done it wrong!

I have a question as to the storage of shrooms... if dried and then the dried shrooms were say, put into a bottle of port that has been sealed... how long do you think that would be good for before it just became a rancid bottle of ordinary old port?

Thanks!
    hyperthetically if stored in a cool,dark place it should last for quite a while...swim has seen people who had stored for a year or 2 in a similar fashion...

Thanks

--> th2bc + rep. Swim tried this method on other moist vegetative substances (apples) in prep for the season worked v v v v well. Thanks epicly for the post.

-Anonymau5

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by mcw View Post
    yeh ive also heard storing fresh shrooms in honey works a treat
    this is true, done this and mushies still worked after a year.. and the upside is they taste waaaaay nicer, and you can do it whole no need to get all technical and chop the sluts up.