THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzal View Post
    Errr, ahh, as much as I'd like to see our drug laws become more rational I think you'd be swinging the pendulum much too far in the opposite direction if heroin, crack and PCP were being marketed and sold in the fashion alcohol is currently.
    Through regulation and all, legalizing all drugs can work. Check for any mental disorders, defects, mental being, educate them etc. You can only buy certain dose a certain amount of times a month and you need a license to show, make it cheaper than the black market and it will be safe. Drug rates will go down, look at Portugal. I believe in legalizing all drugs even heroin and all, PCP is over exaggerated in how bad at is, check out the bluelight thread on it, just a few people go insane but its rare. If people become addicted well that is how it is, they knew the risks and took it, should be tests to stop abuse as well but that is hard to implement as the Govt would love the money. It can be done, just morals need to be there and there will be always be stupid people.

I wonder if drugs were legalized would society stop being so excessive on everything? Its not just alcohol that we binge on, everything has to be extreme these days, binge on everything. Moderation is not only the key to drugs but the key to life imo.

Frenzal is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 586 Posts

Legalisation yes, but like I said it's the lack of market regulation that worries me.

So I wouldn't particularly have a problem with registered addicts being able to recieve state funded H rather methadone, or some sort of special licence for PCP distribution at certain events or under tight restiction (PCP would not likely be the best candidate for testing this licencing scheme), but I would have big problems with either substance being available in supermarkets or openly marketed to the public.

Education, REGULATION, taxation. The three pillars of drug law reform.

Anyway, back on topic.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...teens-to-drink

The latest alcohol curbs planned by the Government aim to make it harder for teenagers to drink – but one high school student says it could do the opposite.
    Justice Minister Judith Collins said this week that the controversial Alcohol Reform Bill would be back in Parliament for its final reading next month.
    It had been "tightened up" since its second reading, so that children under 18 required explicit consent from their parents via text message or a phone call to have a drink, she said.
    But Wellington High School student representative Evie Orpe, 17, said the latest change would "almost make it easier" for teens to get alcohol.
    "You'll get a lot of younger people to just find a person to say it's their parents. What can you really do to confirm that it is their parents?
    "When people want to drink, they are going to find a way to do it."

The Government was also planning to ban the sale from off-licence premises of "ready to drink" mixes with an alcohol content of more than 6 per cent.
    The Law Commission had indicated that if RTDs were hit, drinkers would move to other, potentially more dangerous drinks, Mr Davidson said. A range of other reforms to liquor laws were also proposed – all aimed at tackling New Zealand's drinking culture and reducing alcohol-related harm in communities.
    Problem drinking was a major contributor to crime and a significant cause of public disorder, Ms Collins said.
    According to the Alcohol Advisory Council, about one-third of all police apprehensions involved alcohol and half of all serious violent crimes were related to alcohol.
    The legislation would make alcohol trading hours shorter, ban the sale of alcohol in dairies, restrict alcohol displays to one single, discreet spot in supermarkets, and give communities greater powers to create their alcohol policies.
    I hate people who take drugs.

Like police, customs, parents...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frenzal For This Useful Post:

basshead (03-05-2012), JMcQuire (03-05-2012), Neo (03-05-2012)

Frenzal is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 586 Posts

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO120...yeah-right.htm

Alcohol law reform – yeah right.
    The Government’s updated alcohol law reform proposals are little more than paying lip service to a problem that is wrecking lives and haemorrhaging billions of tax dollars.
    The Government appears to expect its citizens to continue to meet the exorbitant social and fiscal costs of alcohol abuse by declining to provide robust legislation to mitigate the damage, Salvation Army social policy spokesman Major Campbell Roberts says.
    New Zealand citizens spoke clearly in their submissions to the Law Commission review. The commission’s excellent final report provided the solutions and plan for a substantial reform to counter alcohol abuse in New Zealand. It is hugely disappointing to see most of their recommendations ignored, Major Roberts says.
    I hate people who take drugs.

Like police, customs, parents...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frenzal For This Useful Post:

Neo (14-05-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drael View Post
    "And make no bones about it, the international evidence quite clearly shows that R18 vs 21 has lead to an upsurge in underaged drinking and binge drinkin among the 18-25 age group."

Id be keen to see some of this evidence. First impression for me, would be that an r21 limit would make drinking more attractive to teens, and establish less rules for moderation and social consumption. Certainly simply obtaining anything is never prevented by a law.

So what evidence do you speak of?

What I would expect to back up such a claim, is evidence of countries with r18 limits moving to r21, and a resulting decrease not in number of drinkers, but rather in patterns of binge drinking...

That we ourselves in new zealand have lowered the limit, and binge drinking is taking place is associative, not cause related "proof" and could in fact be for other reasons DWI class in texas.

It suprises me, that we still allow alcohol to be advertised, quite freely, and that booze is regarded as fairly safe vs cigs, which are looking at having branding removed and are universally regarded as dangerous. I think what we need is an education program to make people realise how dangerous booze is, cause clearly comparative to cigs, its regarded as safe. This is most likely the root of any problem there....booze is simply regarded by most of our society as safer and healthier than it actually is....

Legalising weed or other safer drugs would help too!
    Hello
    In Russia, advertising alcohol products is banned from almost all media (including television and billboards) since January 2013. ... In Sweden, Swedish law generally forbids alcohol advertisements. However, advertisement is permitted for beverages identified as "class 1" or "light beer."

Thanks

very useful

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    alcohol is bad thing.lol