THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Thanks

Hmm looks like it. I wouldn't be too sure though as I haven't had any experience ID'ing P. cubenis

Spores definitely look purple.
    Look for purple bruising if possible.

Just a quick search on google and found this off shroomery.org

CAP: 1.5-8 (10) cm broad, broadly conical or oval or bell-shaped (often with an umbo ) when young, gradually expanding to convex, broadly umbonate, or plane; surface smooth or with small whitish veil remnants when young, viscid when moist, soon dry, color variable: whitish with a brown to yellowish center, or entirely yellow to yellowish-buff to yellow-brown, or sometimes cinnamon-brown when young and sometimes dingy olive in old age; bruising and aging bluish; margin sometimes hung with veil remnants. Flesh firm, white, staining blue or blue-green when bruised.

GILLS: Close, adnate to adnexed or seceding to free; pallid, soon becoming gray, then deep purple-gray to nearly black; edges whitish.

STALK: 4-15 cm long, 0.4-1-5 cm thick, equal or more often thicker below, dry, white or sometimes yellowish to yellow-brown, aging or bruising blue or blue-green; smooth.

VEIL: Membranous, white or bluish-stained, usually forming a thin, fragile, superior ring on stalk which is blackened by falling spores.

SPORE PRINT: Dark purple-brown to blackish; spores 11-17x7-12 microns, elliptical, smooth, thick-walled, with a large apical germ pore. Cystidia present on faces of gills, but chrysocystidia absent.

HABITAT: Solitary or in groups on dung and manure, especially in cattle pastures; widely distributed in the tropics and subtropics-Colombian, Central America, Mexico, etc-and in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.

Cheers
    Knexi.
    Last edited by knexi; 02-11-2012 at 03:55 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to knexi For This Useful Post:

chfanz (02-11-2012)

Thanks

excellent, thanks knexi. they were definately growing in dung, see 2nd photo.

xthorx is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

Theyre definitely P. Cubensis, btw.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xthorx For This Useful Post:

chfanz (15-11-2012)

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    They look very similar to the Thai Cubensis I had on Koh Phangan, Thailand. I didn't pick them myself, but saw them freshly picked, around this time of season a few years ago.

Thanks for the post!
    - Substance Enthusiast -

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimethyltryptaminer For This Useful Post:

chfanz (15-11-2012), JackReacher (18-04-2013)