THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.

Thread: meth or L-dopa

Thanks

Default meth or L-dopa

Ok... instead of wasting money on Meth can i just use the vitamin supplement L-dopa? I dont know if it will work or not but i need something that will make me think more clearly and give me energy.... so whatcha think?

Frenzal is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 581 Posts

"instead of wasting money on Meth can i just use the vitamin supplement"
    "think more clearly and give me energy"

Some supplements might help if you've been over doing it a bit but they're not gonna be adequate if you're expecting them to produce a hard stimulant buzz.
    I hate people who take drugs.

Like police, customs, parents...

Thanks

buy some red bull

Thanks

I doubt L-Dopa would be anywhere near as effective as meth however ive never tried either so cant say. You could look into nootropics, ive done a bit of reading on racetams http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racetam - there seem to mixed responses as to whether they work or not, they also seem to have much less side-effects than meth however, again i doubt they would be as effective (as meth) but would likely be much better for your health in the long term. There are heaps of other nootropics out there, some being shit and other that may work

Thanks

Since when has meth made anyone think more clearly?

Nootropics would be a way better idea imo though you could have some issues getting hold of racetams.

As a stim plain caffeine powder works for me an it's dirt cheap, better than paying for energy drinks.

I've got L-dopa in one of my BB sups, can't say I've noticed a clearer head but I def get an energy boost, I'm not sure how much of thats from the l-dopa though.

I think 5htp is sposed to have a cognitive effect and choline?

There's plenty of natural alternatives; gingko, cleastrus, brahmi, gotu kola, rhodiola rosea, kanna

Also since your not worried about legality I think khat could be a good choice or ephedra perhaps.

Or for the clearer head you could just meditate for 10-20mins a day, saves wasting money, and it can focus your thoughts better than you might think
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe-

Dizmal is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

Eat right, exercise, healthy sleeping pattern tbh.
    "All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively."

Drael is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 434 Posts

"Ok... instead of wasting money on Meth can i just use the vitamin supplement L-dopa? "

Your wondering if it will have the same effects on the brain? - Short answer is no. More dopamine available does increase output, but nothing like on stimulants. Ill concentrate thusly on the next bit-

"I dont know if it will work or not but i need something that will make me think more clearly and give me energy"

Maca (brazillian herb) is a great dopamernic energy supplement. It wont feel like meth, but it will give you energy and some motivation. It's dopamenic enough that your sex drive goes up, along with the increased energy. Thats what id reccommend for the energy. Its a good sup. Supplementing with dopamine precursors like l-tyrosine and dl-phen will also boost your natural dopamine and thus energy a little more. You could try both perhaps? (I understand your trying to "step down" from meth, and also mitigate some imbalances in the aftermath, some kind of supplementing is good instinct I think, coming of any drug)

Also adaptogens can help maintain energy - theres alot of those, so look it up perhaps. Some are highly rated for energy, and some also have nootropic (clear thinking) benefits.

As for thinking clearly, you are most likely not thinking clearly because of lifestyle (drug intake, foods). A overused dopamine system may be part of this - eat lots of meat - red, chicken and fish (have dopamine, serotonin and choline precursors, you may have burnt all yours out - if your a former meth head, chances are your body is starved of actual precursor nutrients, particularly dopamine - making some kind of dopamine precursor/supplement a very smart part of recovery). If your a vego, ur options are more limited - soy extract (has a okay mix of everything major), nuts, bananas, avocados. Eating well sits at the base of having a balanced mind, even if its effects are more long term and thus harder to notice, going onto good food, from bad food, will have noticable mental effects within a week IMO. Cornerstone, along with supplementing for any lacks you may have (natural dopamine levels? sero? choline?)

I found lecithin (contains choline) to be perfectly good by itself for clear thinking, and great to take if you use drugs also (choline tends to get fucked by drug use). 30% of the normal population is low in choline. Drugs make that worse IMO. If that doesnt help, which it should, citicholine (a more bioavailable choline precursor), huperzine, bacopa or other nootropics may help.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Drael; 11-12-2011 at 05:37 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drael For This Useful Post:

basshead (12-12-2011), Confusa (11-12-2011), Dizmal (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,036 Posts

Best thing is Omega/Fish Oils and B Vitamins. Go to the chemist and grab some B1 and B12 100mg's and yes alcohol and drugs (specially stims) mess with your chloine levels, which is why B1 supps help heaps along with those listed by Drael
    Every exit is an entrance to new experiences.

Thanks

Synthetic Cannabis
    A couple hundred m/grams of L-dopa plus a couple of espresso's does me the world of good some mornings. good before a gym session aswell. Def not stimulant enough for partying tho