THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Unhappy Tianeptine, anyone managed to be prescribed for depression?

Hey guys its been awhile but once again I'm in need of advice.
    History:: I'm a male, approx 30 years old, living in the deep south. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety since my teenage years. After a major car crash in my early 20s I have been on and off multiple differnt antidepressants and antianxiety medications (currently on setraline, after tapering from venalafaxine).

These medications have never worked well for me and they leave me almost completely impotent, they just seem to blunt everything, negative, positive everything.
    I decided i had, had enough so i started researching alternatives, and one that struck my interest was tianeptine.
    Unfortunately the only way to have it prescribed in nz is by a psychiatrist and it is very rarely done.

I was seing a physc up until august last year at which point I stopped going because he wasn't helping, just shoving more of the same fucking shit in my face, fucking SSRIs, nsris, quintiapine, and fucking anti phycotics.SORRY FOR THE RANT.

I am just wondering if anyone has been prescribed or knows of someone that has been prescribed this medication and what affect it has had on their depression/mental wellbeing and any possible side effects they may be experiencing.

Any replies and support is appreciated.
    Cheers

Thanks

10characters

Dizmal is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

Bump n love from then n now wish u goodluck bro. Try level with your psych dr, use the whole "a friend/colleague takes/told me of xxxx" "That sounds like a more practical option for my situation"(insert crafty set of responsibilities, pressures, goals to suit, truth often works ) That way the smart guy still gets to take his pleasure in being right and more knowledgable / capable of reading 😆

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizmal For This Useful Post:

haym (Yesterday)

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Cheers man I appreciate you feedback.
    That sounds like a good idea, I'm just unsure how I'll be taken by the doctor as I haven't seen him in quite awhile and any time previously if i mentioned a specific medicine they took it as drug seeking even with non abusable drugs.
    I will try seeing him 1 more time, but I'm already pretty sure it won't help.
    Iv pretty much resigned myself to the fact that doctors won't help and have stopped taking all meds. I'd rather be free of it all to see what happens.