THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Invercargill... Yes, again. Sorry.

Chronic insomniac and Chronís disease sufferer, pushing through day 4, throwing a Hail Mary... PM if you can offer any help...
    Thank you!

Thanks

Hey there,

I just had to write after reading your condition. What you must be going through sounds terrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's been such a difficult time lately in getting what is required. I know of a few doctors down that way but I'm not where you reside anymore. It costs an arm and a leg just to get there from Central and then the cost of the groceries on top of that. Sadly, the reality is I just don't have the funds anymore since I've been unable to work (going on 12 months now) with my various physical problems & issues.

I hope you get what you need for your condition so you can relax and live pain free, even if it just a few days

Thanks

Thanks dude, unfortunately no idea when my doctors will be back in stock, thatís the hardest part. Not knowing when it will be over.

I avoid medications because my stomach doesnít react well with them and they end up making me so lethargic.

Fingers crossed sometjing comes up soon. 2 hours sleep a night is starting to make things interesting haha.

Thanks

I hear ya about prescription medication. I was given a bunch of meds from my doc early after having my first episode last year. I started taking them then started to have side-effects like tingling (pins 'n needles) in my left hand and excess sweating after just 2-3 days, so I stared questioning what the hell they were giving me. I thought they were for pain relief and anti-inflammatories then my bro tells me they're anti-depressants. Like what the hell.

I went back and forth to the doc about half a dozen times and every time they gave me, or tried to give me something different. I flat out refused to take the pills anymore and started talking about weed (it was in the news at this point) for pain relief. I'll never forget the look the doc gave me when I brought it up lol. They even started questioning if I was feeling pain at all (shadow pain or w/e they call it). Honestly I had been smoking it for a few months before all this and only when I had nothing to smoke my pain would come back. It got to the point I couldn't stand anymore and do my job and I've been out of work ever since. I've never gone back to the doc again because I feel like I'm just wasting my time and whatever money I have left since leaving work.

I've always had a little weed to get me by but this is the longest I've been without it since being unable to work. I'm still sore everyday (some days are worse than others) but I put up with it. However doing anything physical brings back the pain so I've turned into a bit of a couch potato, not that I'm complaining.

Now sleeping or lack there of is another whole entire kettle of fish. When I don't have any I take forever to actually go to sleep even when I feel tired. I generally just lay there and feel my brain processing at a thousand thoughts a second and when I do manage to sleep I get crazy lucid dreams that feel so real when I awake again I feel more tired than before I went to bed. However when I do have some I sleep like a baby and it feels like everything just stops and I can rest.

Just know you're not alone and I know exactly how you feel. Tired of being tired.
    Last edited by Lamb420; 21-01-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks

Yeah that all sounds very familiar in relation to the doctor and sleep.

Doctors are against it for two reasons a) They canít make money off it b) they donít want to believe that it is an effective medication because itís not what they were taught. Not to mention how less dependent we would become on them.

Itís disappointing that NZ has regressed to become so conservative again, itís a joke how slow we have been to move around legalisation of any kind and incredibly disappointing to see just how ignorant people still are on the matter.

Yeah I am the same with sleep, 3 hours a night but not until 7-9am. Apparently itís all in my head... But itís not anxiety induced, I literally have nothing going on in there.... No racing thoughts, nothing. So, they want to send me to counselling... Wonít give me real sleeping pills but hayfever tablets and another neuro pill gabapentin, which causes far more damage than it fixes. Both with so many side effects that make functioning the next day impossible.

Add in the crohnís, then depression, anxiety and migraines caused from concussions. I have been on meds for it all, all eventually useless and debilitating from side effects.

Groceries cover all of it, its not perfect, its has side effects too but it has the least side effects and is the most effective. Especially when all you want to do to avoid the health issues is sleep...

But anyway.... preaching to the choir haha.

One day, someone will get some stock in hopefully soon, Iím so bloody tired haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MatchesMalone For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (24-01-2018)

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    all in your hands......what relaxes the best is gardening....