THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Personal cannabis use referendum!

Wow what a last 24 hours we've been through and I must say I'm still feeling the effects of a few drinks which I very rarely do but this time it was special. So I apologise if my post is kind of all over the place.

Anyway I jumped on the front page of Stuff this afternoon and boom!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...l-cannabis-use

How exciting is this. We're finally going to get a chance to catch up with the rest of the world regarding cannabis and if I remember correctly the last time they had a poll on said topic it was about 65-70% in favour of decriminalising it here in New Zealand. So honestly this should be a given. However lets take nothing for granted.

Personally I think it's going to be rather interesting to see what type of tripe the nay sayers are going to come up with to try and influence peoples opinions on the matter.

So let the fun and games commence and lets get this one through or should I say Lets do this!

Last edited by Lamb420; 20-10-2017 at 01:47 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lamb420 For This Useful Post:

nzArtificialPear (20-10-2017), Zeke (20-10-2017)

Thanks

Whoa! The media have jumped all over this today. The NZ Herald have been out on the streets talking to the locals and going by most of the responses it seems to be going in the favoured direction.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11935119

Had to laugh at the headline too. Great stuff.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Is this the next country to legalize recreational marijuana?

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — New Zealand is poised to slash immigration, rethink trade deals and vote on legalizing marijuana under a new government that takes office next week. After nine years of conservative rule, liberal Jacinda Ardern was confirmed as the nation’s next prime minister on Thursday, following negotiations after a close September election.
    Ardern’s Labour Party will be joined in a coalition by the small, nationalist New Zealand First party and will also get support from the liberal Green Party.
    Ardern said Friday the country would hold a referendum on whether to legalize recreational marijuana at some point over the next three years. She didn’t say whether she favored legalization but said the current system wasn’t working well.
    “I’ve always been very open about the fact that I do not believe that people should be imprisoned for personal use of cannabis,” Ardern said. “On the flip side, I also have concerns around young people accessing a product which can clearly do harm and damage to them.”

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/10/2...on-vote/90517/

Cool she can use the same reasoning to legalize cannabis as Canada is under Justin. Good luck guys!