THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Struggling to find information on the legality of herbal stimulants

Hi, I'm not actually trying to get high here but I need some kind of remedy for narcolepsy. This is beginning to get ridiculous. Most of the herbs I have looked into are illegal here, despite their medicinal properties... Absolutely bloody ridiculous...

Anyway, first of all I need some solid information on Ephedra. I am finding varying information on this herb and nothing that is recent, the most recent information I found was from 2011 suggesting that is it legal but I still have no idea.

Second of all, I'd like to ask if anyone here knows any potent energizing herbs that they can confirm are legal here in New Zealand, or anything they think might have any value in treating narcolepsy at all.

If anyone knows any minerals or chemicals that may provide a boost, please also include them or whatever at all may be of relevance. Thank you.

(posting this twice as I'm not sure where this thread belongs, sorry if this is against the rules)

Thanks

Hey @Aurum_Alchemist - Have you spoken with a registered healthcare professional about your narcolepsy? You didn't mention this in your post, and I'd recommend this before sourcing alternative treatment online if you haven't already.

Best of luck either way

Zeke

Thanks

Largest ever amount of ephedrine seized in New Zealand

A police and Customs crack down has resulted in two of the biggest drug seizures in the country, worth $170 million.

Police on Friday announced they had made their largest-ever seizure of ephedrine, nabbing 200 kilograms of the chemical used to make methamphetamine or P.

Hours earlier, Customs revealed they had seized $20m of P at Auckland Airport - the most ever seized at a New Zealand airport.

The ephedrine was smuggled inside 80 boxes of paper sent from China and had the potential to make around $150m of methamphetamine.

See:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...in-New-Zealand

Thanks

For the reference, I am wanting to know the legality of Ephedra, not Ephedrine. Ephedra, aka, Mahuang, was legal in NZ for a time. The most recent information I can find suggests that it is legal. But this was from 2011. Ephedra is a herb, not Ephedrine. It has Ephedrine in it but it's herbal.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    The effectiveness of herbal remedies pales in comparison to alkaloids extracted from said plant(s) or synthetic analogues. Have you considered a eugeroic like Adrafinil. Which it seems is classified as prescription medicine in NZ. Foreign companies will ship it to NZ hassle free. It's not as good as modafinil but may still be suitable in your case.