THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nzArtificialPear View Post
    Why did my post turn out green?
    Could you be feeling envy?

Ultimately the primary issue when using any recreational drug, is that you cannot predict whether or not you will be one of the unlucky few that harm their physical or mental health.

ROLMFAO you can say that same for going out your front door is today the day you get hit by a car? The same for riding a motorcycle will you be one of the unlucky ones who dies or worse spend your whole life living under a rock out of fear? Like you said this is about harm reduction right.
    Last edited by Rider420; 10-10-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks

I'm not saying don't cross the road. I'm saying he should look both ways before he does. Are you really claiming that cannabis never does any harm at all? I think that is an opinion that is pretty difficult to back up. I'm not even saying he shouldn't smoke. The recreational value of cannabis is certainly not lost on me. I've used it on and off for more than a decade. Harm caused by drug use is a real issue in this world man. For example, why did you encourage him to vape if smoking cannabis is not harmful?
    "What became of subtlety"

Thanks

I'm not saying don't cross the road. I'm saying he should look both ways before he does. Are you really claiming that cannabis never does any harm at all? I think that is an opinion that is pretty difficult to back up. I'm not even saying he shouldn't smoke. The recreational value of cannabis is certainly not lost on me. I've used it on and off for more than a decade. Harm caused by drug use is a real issue in this world man. For example, why did you encourage him to vape if smoking cannabis is not harmful?
    To answer your question cannabis prohibition is when you tell or force people not to use cannabis harm reduction is telling people the safest way of using the drug. My post tells users the safest known methods of ingestion of cannabis or harm reduction. Other posts simply tell him not to use cannabis or prohibition. Just say no did not work for Nancy and it ain't working now.

You can't scientifically prove a negative. You can prove that something is harmful but you can never prove that it is not harmful. You can prove God does exist but you could never prove he does not. Science has no absolutes. That said cannabis is less harmful then tobacco, alcohol or caffeine simply because no one has ever died from taking too much. However it could turn out that cannabis is a GM product that will turn everyone who uses it into a brain eating Zombie! But honestly if that is the case I would rather be at the feast then be it. ROLMFAO

Relax and remember how fucked up our ideals on what is or is not healthy can be, did you know that in the sixties doctors told pregnant woman to start smoking tobacco because it would reduce weight gain in the mother and make for an easier birth. OPPS

Now have a nice day and remember next time you have your tea or coffee that you are a drug user who is addicted!!! And who knows that tea or coffee could be a GM product that turns you into a brain eating Zombie. ROLMFAO

ALL joking aside drug use is a real problem but cannabis is the least damaging of all the drugs. Lets be honest obesity is far more harmful to society so why not ban fast food? Because the majority of users of fast food do not become obese, just like less then 10% of those who use cannabis will become life time users where as 90% of caffeine users will become life time users. Some drugs like opioids or nicotine are highly addictive where as other drugs like shrooms, LSD, MDMA and cannabis are not. So when you tell people that cannabis is as dangerous as heroin you have made a fool of yourself and your advice on dangers of real hard drugs will be considered lies.

FYI never ever do research chemicals known as bath salts or synthetic cannabinoids the chance of death is just too great.

So who are you going to believe that guy who said smoking a joint is ok or the dude that said its as additive or bad as heroin who is closer to the truth?
    Last edited by Rider420; 11-10-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks

Is this even directed at me as the quotation suggests? You are all over the place.

I haven't said don't use it altogether. I am personally firmly in favor of a regulated legal market, for medicine and recreation in New Zealand, so don't throw pro liberal rhetoric at me like it helps your flimsy at best argument. I already stated that cannabis has a low risk profile compared to most recreational drugs. So we can agree on something I guess. I certainly have never said cannabis is as dangerous as heroin. You brought up heroin for some reason.
    "What became of subtlety"

Thanks

Above post has me wondering. What made you stop smoking when you did. Were you trying to quit that time around, or was is just something that sort of happened on its own. Cannabis while useful for some is definitely sometimes dangerous to health, so my advice would actually be the same and just enjoy not using it. On the other hand, if it does come around on its own sometime, and it probably will. You will have a choice then.
    Prove that cannabis is dangerous to ones health. No one have ever died from its use whether smoke chewed snorted or eaten. While cannabis has exposed preexisting metal illness it does not cause it. And the same is true for people who suffer from anxiety and have panic attacks after eating or smoking cannabis. And the same is true for people that do something really stupid and end up killing them selves. Its not cannabis fault that morons can use it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
    Prove that cannabis is dangerous to ones health. No one have ever died from its use whether smoke chewed snorted or eaten. While cannabis has exposed preexisting metal illness it does not cause it. And the same is true for people who suffer from anxiety and have panic attacks after eating or smoking cannabis. And the same is true for people that do something really stupid and end up killing them selves. Its not cannabis fault that morons can use it.
    Whilst the LD50 for Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) might be seen as quite high at 1,270 mg/kg, don't be fooled into thinking it's effects can't be detrimental to human organs and tissue if abused..

Inhalation via smoking cannabis has potential to induce deleterious changes to alveoli in pulmonary tissue..
    In adolescents effects on neural function are well documented..
    "Our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us "... Dr Alexander Shulgin June 17th, 1925-June 2nd, 2014.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daz69 For This Useful Post:

nzArtificialPear (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daz69 View Post
    Whilst the LD50 for Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) might be seen as quite high at 1,270 mg/kg, don't be fooled into thinking it's effects can't be detrimental to human organs and tissue if abused..

Inhalation via smoking cannabis has potential to induce deleterious changes to alveoli in pulmonary tissue..
    In adolescents effects on neural function are well documented..
    Yup that is why I use a vaporizer. However it does not change the fact no cannabis smoker that does not smoke tobacco has ever gotten lung cancer.

There is no imperial evidence that cannabis use in adolescents effects neural function its reefer madness as the claim that cannabis turns you into a sloth , or the first reefer madness claim that it will make you kill then drive you insane. But hey you can believe anything you want however the facts remain. 300,000 Canadian Medical cannabis users can't be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
    Yup that is why I use a vaporizer. However it does not change the fact no cannabis smoker that does not smoke tobacco has ever gotten lung cancer.

There is no imperial evidence that cannabis use in adolescents effects neural function its reefer madness as the claim that cannabis turns you into a sloth , or the first reefer madness claim that it will make you kill then drive you insane. But hey you can believe anything you want however the facts remain. 300,000 Canadian Medical cannabis users can't be wrong.
    I might disagree, there is significant evidence to suggest deleterious changes to neural function in adolescents..

Marijuana is the second most widely used intoxicant in adolescence, and teens who engage in heavy marijuana use often show disadvantages in neurocognitive performance, macrostructural and microstructural brain development, and alterations in brain functioning.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930618/

Heavy marijuana use in adolescence or early adulthood has been associated with a dismal set of life outcomes including poor school performance, higher dropout rates, increased welfare dependence, greater unemployment and lower life satisfaction.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain.aspx

Neuroscience has shown that the human brain continues to develop into the mid to late twenties.¹During the first decade of life, brain growth occurs mainly in the gray matter (neurons and dendrites)and during the second and third decades, it occurs primarily in the white matter (connectivity).Exposure to neurotoxins during the brain’s developmental period can permanently alter the brain’sstructure and function.

https://www.mcpap.com/pdf/Cannibis.pdf
    "Our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us "... Dr Alexander Shulgin June 17th, 1925-June 2nd, 2014.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daz69 For This Useful Post:

nzArtificialPear (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Why not just quote the DEA's web site directly?

Here in Canada we have had medical cannabis for 20 years. Some of those include children as young as 4 for epilepsy and none have shown any kind of issues that you and the DEA claim. But because of the DEA and people claiming cannabis is a dangerous drug medical research was not done until the parents of a dying child said fuck you to the doctors and gave there little girl cannabis! Sadly epileptic children continue to die from this disease in cannabis phobic nations!

Marijuana Treatment Reduces Severe Epileptic Seizures

A rigorous study validates a cannabis-derived treatment for a rare, drug-resistant childhood epilepsy

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ptic-seizures/

Medical researchers have confirmed what some desperate parents have been claiming for years—that a nonpsychoactive component of marijuana known as cannabidiol (CBD) can reduce epileptic seizures in some children.
    Published in The New England Journal of Medicine, the findings stem from a double-blind, placebo-controlled study—the most scientifically rigorous type of investigation possible. “This study clearly establishes cannabidiol as an effective anti-seizure drug for this disorder and this age group," says principal investigator Orrin Devinsky, director of the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at New York University Langone Medical Center. “It certainly deserves to be studied in other types of epilepsy.”
    A total of 120 children and teenagers with Dravet syndrome—a rare disorder marked by drug-resistant seizures that can be nearly continuous in some cases—were part of the study. They were divided into an experimental group, which received the test drug, and a placebo group, which was given a medically inactive compound. Over the course of 14 weeks the youngsters receiving CBD experienced a median number of 5.9 convulsive seizures per month (down from 12.4) compared with 14.1 convulsions per month (down from 14.9) for the placebo group. The new findings are consistent with previous, less-stringent studies of the same drug, a compound called Epidiolex, made by U.K.–based GW Pharmaceuticals. (GW funded the new study.)

So who do you believe the DEA who's funding depends on cannabis remaining illegal and claims based on suppositions that have no imperial evidence or the doctors who test real patients?

Good luck sleeping tonight guys. FYI in the states they only use CBD but research in Canada has show whole cannabis reduces the seizures even more.
    Last edited by Rider420; 13-10-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Whilst I don't dispute CBD might be of benefit in some patients presenting with epilepsy..

I still state smoking cannabis in adolescence can cause deleterious neurological changes..