THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Still quite some way to go before Cannabis is legal for Recreational Use in N.Z.

While an important differentiation between C.B.D & T.H.C will lead to
    greater access to some Cannabis derived products for Medicinal Use only, the Government has stated that it 'does not support the use of unprocessed or partially processed cannabis leaf or flower preparations for medicinal use.'

Cannabis-based products:

The term cannabis-based products encompasses several types of products containing extracts of the cannabis plant that may be used to treat various medical conditions.

Cannabis-based products are Class B1 controlled drugs and Ministerial approval is required before most can be prescribed, supplied or administered, in accordance with regulation 22 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 1977.

When approval is not needed

Approval is not needed:

• from early *September 2017 to prescribe cannabidiol ( C.B.D ) based products where the level of other naturally occurring cannabinoids is less than 2% of the cannabinoid content

Ministerial approval

Ministerial approval is now delegated to the Ministry of Health for each of the three types of cannabis-based products.

The three types of cannabis-based products that may be considered for Ministerial approval are:

1. Pharmaceutical grade products that have consent for distribution in New Zealand.
    2. Pharmaceutical grade products that do not have consent for distribution in New Zealand, for example a product that has been manufactured by a pharmaceutical company overseas.
    3. Non-pharmaceutical grade products, that is products that are not manufactured to internationally recognised pharmaceutical manufacturing standards. They may, or may not, have been intended to be used as medicines.

See: http://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/r...based-products

Last edited by NorthlandSalvia; 08-09-2017 at 12:01 AM. Reason: layout change
    " Consciousness has to do with energy and light. It is really very simple, neither animals nor people have consciousness. It is plants that have consciousness.

Animals get consciousness by eating plants."

Thanks

Just another example of the NZ Govt dragging the chain yet again.

I've personally gotten to the stage where I just don't care anymore. I've stopped watching the news/media and removed myself from others peoples views and opinions. Why should I live my life a certain way just because a "higher power" says that's the way I should live?

They say we live in a free society, but it's only if long you live a certain way, their way. Get up everyday, go to work, contribute to society, and the rest.

But what if you can't do these things anymore?

I haven't been able to work within the last 12 months because of something going on with my nerves, my back, my pelvis. I can't even stand for 10mins, let alone walk around without feeling this pain. I've lived with this pain over the past 3 years and was managing it with self medicating with cannabis (I was quite fortunate I never got drugged tested). It may not have fixed the actual situation/problem but it gave me the relief I needed to carry on with life/work.

However while in my last job it got to the stage where the cannabis didn't help me anymore. The pain got so unbearable and had to go see a doctor and received a medical to give to my employer to show them I couldn't do the job anymore. I put in a claim with ACC which promptly got denied. Went to WINZ to help out with monetary issues but got told my partner earns too much ($16.50 p/hour). Been prescribed many pills for my ongoing pain (again not fixing the actual situation/problem) which in turn has given me side-effects such as high blood pressure, tingling (pins and needles), unable to sleep, just to name a few. So I decided to stop taking these things and just flat refuse to use them again.

So these days once every 3 months it's go to the doctor ($42 each time) to update my medical, and see what other pills they might want to try giving me. Once this ritual is over, I sit at home for the next 90 days and wonder what the fuck is going on.

It's almost they're trying to cull of the ones who don't do things certain ways. They don't want to know, don't want to help, and I know I'm not the only one out there with issues/problems.

I've gone through the system, tried to do things their way, and spat out the other side. Still sore, still broken, and if it wasn't for the support of my partner I'd be out on the street, and probably living in my car (which at this stage I'm prepared to do).

So why should I not have cannabis for an actual issue I have with MY body just because the man says I can't? All I can really say is FUCK OFF and stop playing with peoples lives you uncaring bunch of over paid hypocritical bastards.

Cheers to being free.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lamb420 For This Useful Post:

NorthlandSalvia (05-09-2017), nzArtificialPear (06-09-2017)

Thanks

I appreciate your predicament, ACC seems to be another cog in the machine, that chews you up & spits you out. A friend was on ACC for about 2 years, then booted off on to the Sickness benefit like yourself, an endless cycle of submitting medical certs & repeating the same every three months.

He had been seeking an operation for back problems & also trying to get retrained to be able to return to work, albeit a new career that took account of his chronic back problems.

All very well the Government enabling these Cannabis derived treatments to be mainstreamed, BUT their actual cost unsubsidized puts them out of reach for most.

Without offering medical advice, there are lots of natural anti inflammatory herbal remedies that you can obtain at little or no cost if wild harvesting e.g;

Wormwood: ( can be toxic in high doses )
    Figwort
    Kawakawa
    beta Caryophyllene containing plants.
    Black pepper.
    " Consciousness has to do with energy and light. It is really very simple, neither animals nor people have consciousness. It is plants that have consciousness.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NorthlandSalvia For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (05-09-2017)

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words @NorthlandSalvia and also for the herbal remedies list. I'll do a bit of research and check em out.

I kind of went a bit off topic there but had to get it out. I guess I have a little too much time on my hands these days of which I'm not really complaining about. I've learned a whole lot of stuff just stumbling around the net regarding said subject and whole bunch of other things in various other fields.
    Also it's showed me there's more to life than just getting up everyday following the status quo. Some may call it laziness when I call it insight. But hey, do whatever makes you happy right.

Anyway back to the topic at hand. It just seems to me that when other countries are finally getting ahead in regards to the benefits of cannabis whether it be medicinal or recreational good ol' progressive NZ is failing behind big time and there's really only a small bunch of people we can blame. I mean the USA for goodness sake has liberalised cannabis, The USA, and this is just one example. Meanwhile here we just sit back and play 20th century politics all over again, round and round in circles, going nowhere. It really is a shame.

Thanks

I'm as frustrated as the rest of you at all the foot-dragging, especially as it leads directly to additional problems with dangerous alternatives. I've even noticed that stuff.co.nz tends not to allow comments on "synthetic cannabis done a thing" type articles anymore...

I suspect that comments tend to be closed on such articles because too many people were telling the truth! Too many people were saying that cannabis criminalisation leads to the use and proliferation of dangerous alternatives.

I mean, I saw a MOM saying "I would rather my kids were using cannabis than THIS stuff", and her comment was... rather typical! It was very obvious that Middle NZ has a different notion of what matters than those people in parliament reluctant to leave the 1940s.

Oh, so something else that bothers is me is the kind of people I've had to deal with over the years. I want a nice, bland dairy Indian to give me a nice, ziplock bag and POOF! out the door I go.

I'm not saying that everyone I've dealt with has been mean or had ulterior motives, it's just... that any such 'riders' are totally uncool. I've known some cool people who just matter of fact-ly help, and then there are people who know I'd give them more than it's worth, know I'm trustworthy, and have no intention of helping even if it's to their benefit.

Why? Because you aren't exactly a clone of them and their mates. Because you expect that when you say "don't come over during the week when I'm busy" that they will actually honour this boundary. Various reasons.

Anyway. The good news, as I see it, is that the laws ARE eroding worldwide. NZ does not like to be left out of progressive waves, and as it sees country after country caving it will probably do its groupie best to join in. That is, after all, why it is even open to medicinal cannabis now.
    Last edited by Logonaut; 07-09-2017 at 02:21 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logonaut For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (08-09-2017), NorthlandSalvia (07-09-2017), nzArtificialPear (09-09-2017)

Thanks

Should any legal Recreational Cannabis Industry eventuate in N.Z in the future, I'd prefer the Government to own & run both the Production Process & the Cannabis Dispensaries with the overriding criteria that ALL profits go back into Drug Rehab, Drug Education & Drug Research.

There's just too much temptation for Vendors to conduct unethical trade, as we saw with the failed Synthetics Industry.

Given the windfall such an Industry would create, I'd prefer the profits are put to use for the People of N.Z, NOT the sleazy tobacco & Pharmaceutical Companies.
    Last edited by NorthlandSalvia; 07-09-2017 at 10:43 PM. Reason: to edit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NorthlandSalvia For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (08-09-2017)

Thanks

I agree whole heartily with you @NorthlandSalvia. This is exactly how it should be implemented in progressive ol' NZ.

I've read many stories coming out of the States where the sleazy tobacco & pharmaceutical companies are trying and succeeding getting their greedy hands wrapped around the trade of medicinal/recreational cannabis. All this practice does is makes things extremely difficult, if not impossible for the smaller companies and businesses trying to make an honest buck. Not to mention leads to price controlling, unemployment, and many other negative outcomes.

Sadly at this stage it's all just a pipe dream. As I type I'm sore and hurting thanks to my current condition. I wish I could go for a 5min walk down the road and around the corner (passing 2 pubs on the way) to the local dispensary/pharmacy and get what I need for a little relief. Sucks!

Thanks

Thanks for this thread.. Got some ideas from your discussion guys.
    Reality is far beyond human perception and intuition.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamb420 View Post
    Just another example of the NZ Govt dragging the chain yet again.

I've personally gotten to the stage where I just don't care anymore. I've stopped watching the news/media and removed myself from others peoples views and opinions. Why should I live my life a certain way just because a "higher power" says that's the way I should live?

They say we live in a free society, but it's only if long you live a certain way, their way. Get up everyday, go to work, contribute to society, and the rest.

But what if you can't do these things anymore?

I haven't been able to work within the last 12 months because of something going on with my nerves, my back, my pelvis. I can't even stand for 10mins, let alone walk around without feeling this pain. I've lived with this pain over the past 3 years and was managing it with self medicating with cannabis (I was quite fortunate I never got drugged tested). It may not have fixed the actual situation/problem but it gave me the relief I needed to carry on with life/work.

However while in my last job it got to the stage where the cannabis didn't help me anymore. The pain got so unbearable and had to go see a doctor and received a medical to give to my employer to show them I couldn't do the job anymore. I put in a claim with ACC which promptly got denied. Went to WINZ to help out with monetary issues but got told my partner earns too much ($16.50 p/hour). Been prescribed many pills for my ongoing pain (again not fixing the actual situation/problem) which in turn has given me side-effects such as high blood pressure, tingling (pins and needles), unable to sleep, just to name a few. So I decided to stop taking these things and just flat refuse to use them again.

So these days once every 3 months it's go to the doctor ($42 each time) to update my medical, and see what other pills they might want to try giving me. Once this ritual is over, I sit at home for the next 90 days and wonder what the fuck is going on.

It's almost they're trying to cull of the ones who don't do things certain ways. They don't want to know, don't want to help, and I know I'm not the only one out there with issues/problems.

I've gone through the system, tried to do things their way, and spat out the other side. Still sore, still broken, and if it wasn't for the support of my partner I'd be out on the street, and probably living in my car (which at this stage I'm prepared to do).

So why should I not have cannabis for an actual issue I have with MY body just because the man says I can't? All I can really say is FUCK OFF and stop playing with peoples lives you uncaring bunch of over paid hypocritical bastards.

Cheers to being free.
    Google: hip flexor stretches youtube...

Try these lower back stretches: http://www.apmhealth.com/education/h...help-back-pain
    "Our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us "... Dr Alexander Shulgin June 17th, 1925-June 2nd, 2014.