THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Salvia Divinorum legality status in New Zealand

Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone here knew the current legal status of Salvia Divinorum distribution in New Zealand? From what I've found there was a psychoactive substance bill in 2013 which changed it so you have to have a license to distribute, does that legal bill still stand? And if so, is there a way to find licensed distributors? Would sourcing salvia outside of New Zealand be illegal because you're purchasing it off a vendor that isn't licensed to sell in New Zealand?

Thanks

Hey there I've done a quick look around the net for you and found the bill which was introduced in 2013.

It's a little bed time reading for anyone who can be bothered. http://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/...tml#DLM5042926

Here's the shortened version: As of 18 July 2013 Salvia is illegal to sell in New Zealand without a license under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2013.[55] This act is designed to prohibit any psychoactive substances which have not been approved by the Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority.

I also found this rather interesting. From Wikipedia.

In November 2007 New Zealand National party MP Jacqui Dean called for the government to take action, saying - "Salvia Divinorum is a hallucinogenic drug, which has been banned in Australia, and yet here in New Zealand it continues to be sold freely." and "We’re dealing with a dangerous drug here, with the minister's wait and see approach like playing Russian Roulette with young people's lives."

Yet not long after this they legalized and started selling the synthetic crap in local diaries and we all remember how that went. Seems to me the only people "playing Russian Roulette with young people's lives" is the Government which at this time was National and Peter Dunne. Imo the only reason this was legalized for however long it was, was because Dunnes son had a business that was involved in the synthetic trade. Once the media, especially John Campbell jumped all over how these drugs were turning people into zombies (sound familiar) they quickly pulled the pin. But not probably after Dunne JR made a nice profit.

Went a bit off topic there but after a quick search of "Salvia Divinorum in New Zealand" there seems to be a few sites that lead to places to purchase. But like anything these days involved with "drugs" and the internet. Proceed with caution.

Thanks

Default Legal status of Salvia divinorum

Quote Originally Posted by deceptiveduality View Post
    Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone here knew the current legal status of Salvia Divinorum distribution in New Zealand? From what I've found there was a psychoactive substance bill in 2013 which changed it so you have to have a license to distribute, does that legal bill still stand? And if so, is there a way to find licensed distributors? Would sourcing salvia outside of New Zealand be illegal because you're purchasing it off a vendor that isn't licensed to sell in New Zealand?

I have searched, and found out that Salvia Divinorum is not legal is New Zealand, you should have license.

Hope this link helps you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_...lvia_divinorum
    Reality is far beyond human perception and intuition.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    NZ based companies may sell cuttings to be used only for cultivation purposes only obviously.