THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Why the spike in 'Synthetics ' Related Critical Incidents?

The Answer is very simple...

When Natural Cannabis is difficult to source in the marketplace, Users are more inclined to seek out alternatives, which means unscrupulous bottom feeders will ply their trade.

Cannabis use in N.Z is normalized within a demographic, to the extent it is like having a cup of coffee.

Many are self medicating & will continue to do so for a variety of reasons, including anxiety, depression et al.

As the bodies start to stack up, maybe it is time to treat drug use as solely a health issue.

State owned & controlled dispensaries, with all profits going back to the State for reinvestment in Drug related health might be an option.

Life trumps Death

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthlandSalvia For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (28-07-2017), nzArtificialPear (09-08-2017)

Thanks

Bath Salts do not have any relation to cannabis if it did it would be banned, but its good propaganda for reefer madness narcs.

Bath salts are research chemicals that the government has not yet banned. Every time a chemical gets banned a new research chemical is used causing bad reactions and even death in people who have been using the same name brand bath salts.

No one has ever died from cannabis.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rider420 For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (30-07-2017), NorthlandSalvia (27-07-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthlandSalvia View Post
    The Answer is very simple...

As the bodies start to stack up, maybe it is time to treat drug use as solely a health issue.

Life trumps Death
    Kudos!!!

Its only due to religious reasons that drugs are considered evil. In fact the drug war is just another example of religious intolerance. With alcohol being associated with Christianity and cannabis with paganism.

The irony is alcohol is far more harmful then cannabis, poetic justice?

Thanks

Does anyone think they have tried the product/batch in question? BREAKING NEWS: Ninth death linked to synthetic cannabis in Auckland this month - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11896461

Thanks

This is just crazy! It really boggles the mind why anyone would even think of ingesting anything when they don't know what it is. I learned my lesson back when it was legal. I had one toke on it and could feel myself slipping away for about 10mins. I had heart issues for months and only could sleep on a one side. Add on the mind play thinking I was constantly dying, it wasn't a place anyone would want to be. I had been a weed smoker on and off for years before this (and again after) and have never had anything like this happen to me.

So my advice is: If it isn't natural, please don't do it.

I don't even know why they call it synthetic cannabis. It's either cannabis or it isn't in my opinion.

Thanks

Forums like this are critical for something like Synthetic Cannabis, its just like ecstacy in that you don't truly know what you have - you don't know what chemical(s), or how much of it was sprayed on the cabbage u got.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brownnath For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (30-07-2017)

Thanks

Thanks

The bodies are starting to 'stack up' now.

Per head of population you might say we have our own situation that mirrors America's Opioid Epidemic that's killing their people in the many thousands.

See: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...diction-crisis

Emergency Services, i.e Ambulance, Police are reporting having to attend a spike in 'Poison Smokables' Incidents.

Cynically, this makes for Great Political Capital this close out from an Election too.

Authorities still haven't identified these Killer Ingredients citing not wanting to subvert the role of the Coroner...but what is more important, people's lives, or abiding by the systemic conventions that kowtow to the more powerful in our Society?

Metiria Turei has recently been in the 'Public Confessional Box' i.e, the media.

Some Politician needs to take the lead here & actually show some leadership, whether that be under Parliamentary Privilege or otherwise.

We need to know what is in this killer cocktail.

We need to have some meaningful problem solving around this, with Public Billboards, Media based education, Social Media, Crisis teams at ground zero etc.

There also needs to be a viable alternative along the lines of the Methadone Programme, together with intensive counseling & State funded, decentralized Addiction treatment Centres.in the Regions, the Suburbs & the C.B.D & Cities of N.Z, at least in the short to medium term for those addicted..

Reading between the lines, this looks like it's hitting a specific demographic of the poor and powerless in our Society, those that are the most vulnerable & need the greatest protection.

*See:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/953...hetic-drug-use
    Last edited by NorthlandSalvia; 02-08-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added Link

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthlandSalvia For This Useful Post:

brownnath (04-08-2017), Lamb420 (06-08-2017)

Thanks

You're on the dot here. If this was a different demographic, we would see a proper response from authorities. It's appalling that there has not been a full throated activation of resources from initiated from the highest levels of Government. Imagine if we had 10 Zika deaths - it would be all guns blazing.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownnath For This Useful Post:

Lamb420 (06-08-2017), NorthlandSalvia (07-08-2017)

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Sadly this seems to be happening not just here in New Zealand. The UK is having its issues with this and/or its variants. Take what you will from the articles but in my opinion we are going to be seeing more of this in public and in the media.

see :https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...es-underground

and: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ng-communities

Someone needs to step up and take a stand against this before it really hits the fan. However like most things these days its all about profit, not people.
    Last edited by Lamb420; 06-08-2017 at 09:59 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lamb420 For This Useful Post:

NorthlandSalvia (07-08-2017)