THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default ID on shrroms in flax

Found in Auckland under and around flak bushes.

I know they're not subs but I see them a lot and want to know if active, any help is greatly y appreciated as I'm new.

http://imgur.com/a/hLT8G
    Last edited by Dizzian; 23-06-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Mister is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks

Awaiting second confirmation from another trusted member, as one photo and no description is not enough to provide a conclusive ID on my own.

I believe these are active I think the top 3 are P. semilanceata and the lowest is a small P. subaeruginosa

But again - Awaiting second confirmation from another trusted member - Do not consume until then.

Thanks

"Mister" You couldn't be more wrong. both mushrooms are inactive. Personally don't know what type of mushrooms they are.. but there is no blue bruising on the mushrooms to indicate the tell tale sign of magics...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teeamo View Post
    "Mister" You couldn't be more wrong. both mushrooms are inactive. Personally don't know what type of mushrooms they are.. but there is no blue bruising on the mushrooms to indicate the tell tale sign of magics...
    If you don't know what they are, how do you know if there a psychoactive species or not?
    I'm not %100 on from his photo but I don't think I'm totally wrong here, which is why I've asked for a second opinion from another knowledgeable member.

Blue bruising alone is a terrible way to base your opinion for the following reasons....
    - Not all active species bruise blue, or bruise blue readily when picked.
    - There are several non active species that bruise blue, some of which are toxic, none of these have been identified in NZ so far but its not hard for mushroom spores to travel from place to place, if one of these species popped up and you give someone the ok based on bruising alone, they could get seriously ill or die.

Please don't comment unless you have the knowledge to actually identify what your looking at, also since I do this to potentially prevent people harming themselves, you don't need to be a dick.
    Last edited by Mister; 24-06-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks

Mister you are very wrong

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    If you don't know what they are, how do you know if there a psychoactive species or not?
    I'm not %100 on from his photo but I don't think I'm totally wrong here, which is why I've asked for a second opinion from another knowledgeable member.

Blue bruising alone is a terrible way to base your opinion for the following reasons....
    - Not all active species bruise blue, or bruise blue readily when picked.
    - There are several non active species that bruise blue, some of which are toxic, none of these have been identified in NZ so far but its not hard for mushroom spores to travel from place to place, if one of these species popped up and you give someone the ok based on bruising alone, they could get seriously ill or die.

Please don't comment unless you have the knowledge to actually identify what your looking at, also since I do this to potentially prevent people harming themselves, you don't need to be a dick.
    No offence but you meed to do alot more reasearch before giving advice like this m8, the top ones look like a form of mycena and the bottom is somerhing else but all are definitely not active and advice like this could be potentially deadly.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokinr33 View Post
    No offence but you meed to do alot more reasearch before giving advice like this m8, the top ones look like a form of mycena and the bottom is somerhing else but all are definitely not active and advice like this could be potentially deadly.
    Awaiting second confirmation from another trusted member - Do not consume until then.
    Awaiting second confirmation from another trusted member, as one photo and no description is not enough to provide a conclusive ID on my own.
    No offense taken bro, harm reduction is the key here and I think this guy is best off to assume these species are not active and to not consume them based on the consensus from other people... I really appreciate your concern and where it comes from but with no description, only a single photo and no spore print, its hard to even give a lofty maybe opinion and its harder again when people take that "maybe possibly this active species" opinion and assume its advice when its clearly not

I've bit back a bit here and replied to you guys only because I'm shocked at the attitude on this forum, personally I've let go of my ego and I like being told I'm wrong because of the possibility to share knowledge with the person correcting me using Socratic methods, being wrong is an opportunity for someone like me to expand. I wasn't giving this guy advice, I was simply hoping to learn from other people and grow from them by sharing my perspective on what I had seen and asking for help from there, looks like I'm wrong and I'm ok with that but nobody's gained anything here which is my problem, the vibes are negative, the replys are dismissive of me as a person and lack any factual information for me or anyone else to use in the future.

My gripe in a nutshell is this guys, we have all had our eyes opened to something more by the shift in perspective these drugs have given us, no psychedelic user could deny that. We should use this wonderful gift to help one another grow as people, share knowledge and use the understanding it bring us to bring some of that light into the lives of the people around us. We should help one another be better people, to grow in knowledge, understanding of one another and the world around us. We should be setting this example to break the stigmas and immaturity around "tripping" and to show the people looking to experiment that this is what its really about, a first trip is a journey towards personal growth after all. This is a public forum and an opportunity to set these precedents, also if we help one another as a community, we are much better equipped to give conclusive ID's and prevent harm.