THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Growing psilocybe subaeruginosa amongst flax in New Zealand

Hi everyone. I am wanting to do an outdoor cultivation of psilocybe subaeruginosa. However I don't just want to have seemingly empty pots laying around with mushrooms growing in them. I'm interested in learning about what type of substrate to use to grow flax in containers, that would also be suitable for the success of psilocybe subaeruginosa. Essentially I want to know what kind of flax should I be looking to buy myself, and what sort of substrate mix to put it in.

Thanks

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    It'll be a challenge to create a controlled environment outdoors in order to get consistent and reliable results. Essentially, your desired species will have a lot of competition as various spores will be carried by winds etc. and eventually contaminate your patch. You can probably give your desired species a head start if you sterilise the substrate, then inoculate. Not sure how you are planning to inoculate? The substrate should just be freshly chipped wood as it is when you find subs in the parks etc... Check some threads on shroomery.org like this: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/sho...Number/3502662 but expect it to be very hard and unpredictable.