THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Christchurch Subaeruginosa ID Request

Hi,
    It was my first time picking today and went to a pine forest after doing as much research as I could on P. Subaeruginosa the previous month. The environment that these grew in as can be seen by the photos in link below, was moist, quite grassy, with dead pineneedles and rotting wood. Some even grew on fallen pinecones. The gill attachment in all of the mushrooms were either adnate or adnexed. I would consider the gills to be moderately crowded, their colour is white, however, there is an extremely light yellow-green tinge to the gills and on a small portion of the stem. I have pinched the stems to see if they would bruise blue but haven't done so yet and the mushrooms are being dried at the moment, so I will check with that later. I am aware that there is a deadly lookalike to subs called Psathyrella Hydrophila, which makes me suspicious of the more orange looking ones and those that grew on the pinecones and the large orangy bunch seen in the photos. All of the photos are included in this link:

http://imgur.com/a/hjCWB

Identification or any advice would be helpful, thanks

Frank

Thanks

Leratiomyces ceres. They are an indicator species to subaeruginosa so keep looking!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Franky95 (18-04-2017)

Thanks

Thankyou, I will keep searching

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    nice approach to hunting. you're obviously looking in the right places, it will only be a matter of time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grungy For This Useful Post:

Franky95 (Yesterday)