THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
    Thanks

Default Cultivating Ergot from MG

Kiaora folks, first time post here although I have referred to the wisdom of tripme contributors on many occasions. A few weeks ago I crushed up some MG seeds in a stone mortar and pestle for my first LSA experiment. It was a positive experience, despite the nausea and cramps, so I ordered some more seeds.

Now I have just got out the mortar and pestle which sat tucked away in a dark corner of a very humid conservatory (this is in Northland) since January. The inside of the bowl has several species of fungus growing on it. It mostly looks like fine white stubble but there are a couple of circular patches of a brownish colour. It has a pungent but not unpleasant odour which I can only describe as freshly grated parmesan melting on top of a bowl of spaghetti.

So this has me wondering: have I inadvertently cultured ergot? Getting LSA from MG seeds is all very well but it requires a hell of a lot of them. If I could instead cutlivate the LSA from them then I would be able to produce LSA in a much larger quantity...which would open the door to many more possibilities. Does anybody know how I can test the fungus to establish whether it is ergot? Does it need looking at through a microscope - if so, any volunteers?

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Sorry dude but no you have not cultured ergot.

Ergot is a fungus that infects cereal grains, replacing kernels of the fruit with small black masses of mycelium. It produces ergotamine, a potent vasoconstrictor and precursor to LSD. Ergot poisoning (St Anthony's Fire) causes hallucinations, gangrenous loss of limbs, and death. Outbreaks plagued medieval Europe and were associated with witchcraft and the Inquisition.

If you want to learn how to culture ergot then check out: https://www.erowid.org/plants/ergot/ergot.shtml

Have you tried psilocybin mushrooms? They tend to be less nauseating then d-lysergic acid amide. Good luck.
    Last edited by Rider420; 06-04-2017 at 07:15 AM.