THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.

Thread: Salvia Crisis!

Thanks

Default Salvia Crisis!

My beloved Salvia plant containing pot plant has encountered a fuckwit under the influence (me) who knocked it from a precarious position before tumbling several feet to the floor below. Poor Sally D has in fact been decapitated, several limbs have also been lost (as well as shade leaf debris). Essentially there remains a stalk with the tap root intact and lots of peripheral roots I guess. I've recovered several broken stems which I will attempt to propagate but they're pretty well fucked.

(state of it)

Worth a crack isn't it?

My main concern is regarding the remaining plant stem and directed at those who are still active and know things.

As you can see it's snapped in half right on a node. An optimal place for root structures to begin propagating, except that this is the plant's trunk, containing the remaining leaves and branches. I'm wondering what would be the best course of action, should I make multiple cuttings of the freshest growth to create clones or replant the severed stem in soil or water and hope for the best.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    I'd make clean cuts and put the stems in water to root clones. Salvia is probably the easiest plant in the world to grow from cuttings, no rooting hormone needed. You'll probably find that that bit of stem left in the ground will come away again too. I would attempt to root each stem. With a bit of luck you'll come out with 5 new Salvia plants!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Glorify For This Useful Post:

Super (21-01-2017)