Results 1 to 3 of 3
29-06-2015, 11:23 AM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Weraroa ID - [IDENTIFIED - Psilocybe weraroa]
* Habitat: under ponga/tree fern amongst rotting wood and bark chip
* Characteristics of the gills: brown more attached to the cap than the stem
* Characteristics of the stem: fibrous, tan, 1.5-2cm long, 4mm thick
* Characteristics of the cap (diameter 1.5-2cm,color greyish white to light blue, texture lumpy, spherical,
* Spore print color (very important!) IS this possible to determine?
* Color that the mushroom bruises slow bruising to blue
* Scent of the mushroom earthy mushroom smell
* Anything else you might find important
Last time something similar appeared, it turned out to be chamonixia. These have gills instead of pores, which leads one to beleive that my friend has found weraroa.
The Following User Says Thank You to mycologista For This Useful Post:
01-07-2015, 12:50 AM #2
P. weraroa indeed, congrats.
27-07-2015, 11:59 AM #3
Excellent post, thank you for your contribution towards harm minimization.Every exit is an entrance to new experiences.