THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY.
NO SOURCING OR DEALING WILL BE TOLERATED.
TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE RULES HERE.
MEMBERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE AGGRESSIVELY BANNED.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Exercise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    you can train more frequently if you employ a 'split' - ie. push, pull, legs, rest, repeat. if you are wanting to lose fat, i would really only focus on cardio, enough to create a caloric deficit of about 250 cal per day. weight training might be useful for your metabolism etc. but your efforts are best spent on cardio. good luck pm if you want any further advice
    Most recommendations state 500 cals/day .....

This is a public forum, the general idea is not to give advice via PM so that others can contribute to discussion, or comment on conflicting recommendations...
    "Our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us "... Dr Alexander Shulgin June 17th, 1925-June 2nd, 2014.

Thanks

Seriously? You're trying to take apart a comment I made more than six months after the fact ...

You're taking what I said completely out of context. The comment on eating late was with regards to the 16/8 approach, which as I attempted to explain in a previous comment was something which came about naturally as a result of reorganizing when I ate to what felt more natural to me rather than as an attempt to restrict calories. At the time, in my mind it was more a case of shifting to eating latter in the day rather than skipping meals or restricting calories. As for the myth of not eating after 7pm, that has more to do with the belief that a person shouldn't eat within 3hrs of sleep, based on a 10pm bedtime. Given I don't go to sleep till after 3am, under that logic it'd make my last meal midnight.

As for the paper, given you have in the past privately messaged me with health links regarding PCOS and from the excerpt it appears to be in support of the complete opposite of my experiences, I can't help but feel you're only posting this particular one in this thread as a way of trying to discredit my personal experience. Does a calorie restricted diet work for others, sure. Does that in any way change the fact that it didn't work for me, no.

You said previously that I'd make an amazing lab-rat, but you make absolutely no attempt to try and figure out why my experience is different.

And to be frank, given the way you seem to imply I'm being dishonest, let alone the fact that you bring up what is not only an extremely complex medical condition, the experiences of which can differ greatly between sufferers, but also one which is extremely personal in a thread where I have not myself mentioned it let alone having not posted to in over six months, makes me even less inclined to wish to discuss this with you.

Drael is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 525 Posts

Just thought I'd comment that my 1/week high intensity is going well (5 major muscle group exercises, fail in 60-90 seconds). Gaining muscle, losing abdominal fat. Lifting bigger weights. Works like a charm.

I feel like many others are not having enough recovery time. Or at least, with high intensity, you get results, and that is under appreciated by folks.

Drael is offline Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 525 Posts

Anyone tried anything like BCAA, maca or similar with good results?

I am have used maca in the past, and thought id give it another whirl.

Thanks

Running, push ups and pull ups for me.

Thanks

Weed in NZ
    Calisthenics is where it's at for building strength to weight ratio. Moving ourselves around is a primary purpose. Tai chi and qi gong are awesome to bring our bodies into balance with our minds and better vehicles from which to express our spirits.